Tuesday, February 3, 2009

What I get for giving my children some culture...

So we've been talking about Russia today. Steve jokes about turning Andrew into a Russian spy, because he has an Eastern European look and his intonations sounds like Russian. Hard to explain outside of our family. We're weirdos.

Anyway...on a whim I showed them the movie from the library, about Russian children. Jack was blown away and decided he loves Russia. He wants to put a balance beam in our backyard. We made snowflakes out of paper today just like the kids in the movie. He wants to learn the Cyrillic alphabet. Okay so far. But the disturbing part for me:

He decided for dinner he wants to eat: sausage, potatoes, tea, and...rabbit.

I'm not sure I can go through with this, even in the name of giving my children a global experience. I might sneak in some chicken for myself. I hear it's delicious, but I can't stomach the idea of eating bunny.

But I tried to be a good mom, so I asked Steve if he could stop and get some rabbit on the way home from work.

Blegh.

No comments: