Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter ponderings

Jack informed me yesterday that he liked Easter better than Christmas.

"Really? Why is that?"

"Because with Easter, we find the presents...and with Christmas, you just get them."

I thought this was absolutely lovely insight into the soul of my little man, and Steve and I immediately started brainstorming between us about ways to "hide" his Christmas ones.

What I liked most of all, though, is that he truly does not care about the value of the present. It certainly helps cement my earlier thoughts that his love language is gift giving. We stocked his eggs with stickers, temporary tattoos, and coins...and his sheer joy at opening them and finding them was still off the charts.

I'd asked him if he could be a bit less efficient at finding some of them, so Andrew could get some too. So when the hunt was all done, he went around re-hiding some for Andrew in "easy to find" places.

So sweet.

I love my little people.

No comments: