Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Umm...why am I awake?

All sorts of branches of our life have calmed way down, time-wise. The kids are all three at a really great stage, although Simone is entering some separation anxiety. But as long as she's held most of the time, she stays happy. So the back carrier fixes most ails and fussy days. Teaching became so much quieter, and should stay that way until fall semester. I can give myself a 10pm cut-off on working, and usually hit close to that mark. Steve is home at normal hours, and even gets a chance to workout as much as he needs - which is good for his soul, and in turn, good for the family.

This last couple of weeks have seemed so peaceful and awesome. The weather is helping too. I love it.

But I can tell my brain is still wired for the late night grading fests, when I'd have to squeeze 20-30 hours of work each week into time after kids went to bed. During Steve's coaching season, that was the only time I could do it. I went to bed early tonight, hadn't had caffeine, great outdoor time today, and the munchkins have been sleeping...so there was NO reason I was just wide awake, thinking about things. Stupid, rambling mind things...not even anxiety things. I'm not a anxious-thought person, so without a mile-long to-do list, I'm just left with thinking about goofy incoherent things that aren't worthy of no sleep.

I can see my circadian rhythm didn't get the memo that my body gets to SLEEP!!! =)

Ah well. Having a dark quiet house is really meditative in a way.

No comments: