Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Xenophilia

Jack informed me today: "Reading is going *okay*...but what I'm most interested in is learning to read in Russian and in Spanish. Olga is teaching me Russian...can we get someone who can teach me Spanish?" He's not interested in any of these 1,897 English books we have around, apparently.

We finally solved the Russian dilemma for after Olga goes back to Belarus, and now he pulls the Spanish one out of the air? This kid cracks me up.

Thankfully, it will probably be easier and cheaper to find resources in Spanish. I have yet to see a Russian book or video in our library.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

My neighbors are Russian and seem pretty nice. Too bad you are in Virginia.

Sarahbeth said...

Thankfully, we have a large population of Russian immigrants in Virginia Beach. Otherwise, WTH would I do with this random interest of his? We don't speak ANY Russian! He's been working with Olga for a few months, but she has to move back. Luckily, we found another teacher who will take over for Olga. Thank goodness for Craig's List. I don't know how I'd parent my strange child without it. ;)

Rachel said...

Let me know if you need some Russian books. I have some classics and a Jesus comic book. Seriously.

Sarahbeth said...

Rachel, I would! The classics might be beyond him, but he could probably read some of the comic book. Let me know what I'd owe you and I can email you my address. Funny! Where did you get them?