Saturday, June 27, 2009

100% Boy

This is from my Facebook status, but I realized I wanted to remember this. From 2 nights ago:

"I tucked in Andrew (wearing a Spiderman suit) with a toy gun, 2 Transformers and a Batman action figure. I tucked in Jack (wearing nada) with a robot, 3 Transformers, a Darth Vader mask, and a lampshade that was serving as a space station."

It's amazing to me how 100% "boy" both of them are. I didn't even realize Jack knew what a Princess was until he was SURE we were having a baby girl, and said we should buy her something pink with princesses on it. So apparently, he knew the girlie things existed out there...but never cared about them.

I'm so curious to watch Simone unfold and see where her interests are. Will she be *more* girlie because of the contrast, or more middle-of-the-road from having 2 big brothers?

2 comments:

Rambling Rachel said...

My daughter plays with cars and dinosaurs, leaving the undressed doll in the corner. I offered to buy her a matchbox car today and she shook her head "no." It's so interesting to have our own little sociology experiments going on in our homes.

Sarahbeth said...

Yes, I love the sociology experiment of it all. So much fun. And the science experiment, too, of watching their brains develop. Fascinating!