Monday, June 15, 2009

My little stinker

In our house, "stinker" is a compliment. Same with "nerd." We have a few of both of those floating around, so we understand each other.

I can tell Andrew is going to be a stinker. And by stinker, I mean someone who won't take situations at face value - he'll beat the system somehow. He's also developing the most wonderful, intricate sense of humor. I love it.

I asked him what he wanted for lunch today, and he said: "Potato chips." Okay. I said he needed to eat something else WITH the potato chips, and he said:

"I eat 'nother potato chip. I eat TWO potato chips."

It was one of those moments that was so perfectly "Andrew" that I fell even more in love with him. The articulation. The logic. The adorable hand gestures he's so fond of using. So I added a few more potato chips to his bowl and made him promise to eat a banana later. ;)

I'm a sucker for his sweetness.

2 comments:

H F W said...

Hehe, that is very cute! I have a stinker, to use your terminology, too. And I love every moment.

Sarahbeth said...

Gotta love stinkers. ;) They do make life interesting.

I saw you were on bed-rest...wow, I'm sorry to hear that! Wish I lived closer, so I could bring by a meal. That must be interesting to be on bed-rest with your little man running around!