Friday, October 2, 2009

Today's carseat conversations

On the way to his co-op school today, Jack told me I could just drop him off instead of bringing him inside. I told him I needed to pay them money, which shocked him. ("You pay them money for my classes?"). I said that the teachers were at work when they were teaching him. "When I go to work at night, I go to a classroom and teach people about English...or sometimes about economics."

Said Andrew (2.5): "Maybe sometime I'LL go to class with you, and I'll learn them about Spiderman!"

Professor Spiderman. I guess it IS his area of expertise.



*******

Jack to Andrew, in a very excited voice: "Andrew...did you know that when you're SEVEN, I'll be a Grandpa?!"

*******


Andrew to me: "Where did you find me? In your belly?"

"Actually, I grew you inside of my body."

Andrew: "How did you get me out? With your hands?"

"Well, I had to push you out. I squeezed my body so you'd come out."

"Hmm." Long pause while he thought about it. "When you get smaller like me, you can climb in MY body."

Thanks, kid.

No comments: