Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Not really possible

Andrew came up to me while I was reading "The Futurist." Pointing to the book, he said: "So this is a book that you can READ?"

"Yup. I love reading. Do you love reading?"

"Nope. I don't. I actually hate reading."

"Really? Why's that?"

With a shrug of his tiny little shoulders: "Because it's just not really possible."

I laughed out loud, because this was so freakin' Andrew! I meant does he like having books read to him, but he took my question literally. He couldn't read my book, he meant. And how he phrases things like a grown person, even though he's barely over the line of 3. What a hysterical little dude.

"Not really possible." I love it.

He hurt his eye today...scratched it with his fingernail...so he's in a terrible mood from the pain (which I suspect is intense, since pain doesn't normally bother him). But even in the midst of that, he can put such a smile on my face with who he is. His goofy, articulate little self.

No comments: