Thursday, February 25, 2010

Adventurous stability

We now have housing for May. Yee! While I was never worried about finding a place, it's nice to have that off my to-do list, so I don't have to do any more research. A nice furnished vacation condo down by the beach, which will make us feel like tourists in our own town. I love that. No yardwork, all our stuff in storage. We'll be part of our regular routine, but with a completely different feel to it.

The Grand Summer Adventure begins. :)

Now we just have a 3 week gap of housing to fill before we can leave for our 2-month summer sojourn on the road. No biggie. Even Steve, my logical better-half, is completely unconcerned. I uttered the phrase: "Maybe we could camp for 3 weeks," and he just shrugged his shoulders and said non-chalantly: "Sure!"

Hilarious, how we can poison our partner's brains over a 12-year span. I wish the College Steve could see him now. :)

And for fairness: I wish the College SB could see ME now. Married with 3 kids and living in a town in which I'll likely be until I die. An amazing streak of stability in a soul that dreaded anything stable.

I love where we've found ourselves, and the personality our couplehood created for our family. I brought adventure; he brought stability. And they mesh and balance the way they need to, in order to have our best life possible.

No comments: