Monday, March 22, 2010

Blog love affair

So I've been Spring Cleaning my blog. Tinkering with it a bit. Figuring out my widgets and doodles and other things. Adding photos and then over-hauling the title. And I'm kinda liking it.

When I started blogging, it was because I type faster than I hand-write, and I needed a place to dump kid stories that I'd almost certainly forget. Also, I was about to birth a baby girl, and wanted her to have my "notes" on my pregnancy and her birth...for the day that she might be going down that same path.

Then, 4 months later, things started happening with my mom and her accident...and I found myself turning to writing to figure it all out. I now read back over those posts, and can feel every last emotion with the same vivid clarity as when it happened. I can't describe how grateful I am to have that journey in words.

I really need to write. It's who I am, and it's how I process things out...get to the other side of difficult emotions...celebrate the good stuff...see things in their appropriate importance. Bad days and good days posted side by side, I can see how things will figure themselves out. The bad days aren't forever. But neither are the good ones. Just take it as it comes, y'know?

It's now been about a year and a half, and along the way, I've fallen in love with what this has become. Not because it's important to the world, but because it's important to me. I was reading an article about Mommy Bloggers and sponsors and product reviews...and came away feeling really in love with my simple little blog with my simple little stories that all add up to My Life in Words.

I don't care if anyone reads it, but I really need to write it. And maybe someday, my kids will look over their notes and stories and silly quotes and feel washed in this feeling of how truly and deeply LOVED they really are.

I've been so low-tech that I never really used the Labels, which was a mistake. I remedied it a bit by adding some all the way to the back, but I know I missed a whole bunch. I got the Biggies, though, and once it's all in place, I'd like to print out those little books for each sub-section. One for each babe, one for Steve, and one about losing my mom. Birthday letters and birth stories and whatever else found its way into my writing-brain.

I love you, Blog. Thanks for listening.

No comments: