Tuesday, March 23, 2010

If I build it, will they come?

Most persons get a song stuck in their heads. Since I don't usually listen to the radio, I'm a victim of my husband's odd, eclectic music tastes. Whatever song he's singing that week, I adopt by nature of hanging out with him. I think we're slowly recovering from the Pants on the Ground phase, but we're not completely out of the woods. Every time he scoops up his dirty laundry from the bedroom floor, we regress.

Left to my own devices, I get phrases stuck in my mind. I'm a wordsmith and not a music person, so I suppose it makes sense.

The other week, it was: "For I know the plans I have for you, declare the Lord."

Last week, it was: "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

This week, it's: "If you build it, they will come."

I'm also having dreams about my teeth all falling out, which supposedly means you're preparing for a transition in your life. I used to have those dreams right before my babies were born.

I assume my psyche is apparently getting ready for our Project Summer, when all of our earthly belongings are in storage and we're roaming the Midwest for 2 months in our Sienna. But who knows. It might just be brain-clutter.

I don't really know how all my phrases come into play, but they must be relevant to my sub-conscious. I fear a bit that little green men will show up at my bedside with secret messages.

If I start building an ark, be concerned.

No comments: