Saturday, August 28, 2010

The house that Simone built

Simone asked for some paper, then spent a few minutes ripping sections out of it.  It ended up looking like this:



She showed it to me and said: "I made a house!" And then pointed to the upper-section and said, "Santa comes in here."

Steve asked her, "What do you want Santa to bring you?"

Rubbing her fingers together: "Money for me." 

I...LOVE...this little girl.  Stinkin' love her.  She's such a character...so  much personality and life...in this wee little 2-year-old body.

She turned 2 this month, and I can officially say there are NO babies in my house.  I keep thinking she's a baby still, and then she does something like this. 

And then she asked me to cut some ears out of cardboard for her.  I don't know what to say to that one. 

But I cut her some ears out of cardboard.  I try to embrace the process.

2 comments:

92.9 The Wave's Jennifer Roberts said...

We have cutout ears all over the house... Carly does them in all colors and then tapes them to her headbands so she can play "cat" or "dog" or "monkey" :)

Sarahbeth said...

Jen, that's so funny! Maybe this will be one of those "girl" things I'm completely new to seeing. My boys, on the other hand, asked me to cut out bombs and bat-throwers for them. ;)