Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Phew!

When I was pregnant with Andrew, I swore he'd never get the Second Child Syndrome.  You know...the half-filled-out baby book.  The absence of photos.  Someday, I'll tell you the story of his ultrasound-picture fiasco.  I was a woman on a mission.

He was born when we'd moved to digital photos.  So Jack has about 1000 photos printed out of him sleeping.  Probably an underestimation.  Andrew, on the other hand, had 1000 digi-files of him sleeping. 

Then we had a computer mishap.  And another.  And another.  And while I always  backed up his photos, there was never 100% certainty that we still had them. 

"Print out all Andrew baby pictures" has been on my to-do list for...a really long time.

I stumbled into my Shutterfly account today...my old one, under an email address I'd forgotten.  And found these long-long Jack photos that Robyn took:



Holy cow.  Jack is...a baby!  (And: My hair is brown!). While I've been moseying through life, failing at picture archiving, this was just sitting in my Shutterfly account.

I realized that this could solve my problem, in two key ways.  Archival...and, they'll send me printouts.  I like back-up plans.

So, I just spent about an hour that *should* have been spent sleeping, uploading Andrew pictures to Shutterfly. Because heaven-forbid we lose these precious pictures to another computer-vs-spilled-water fiasco:



Man, I love this picture.


Anyway, I feel like I should end my rambling blog post with this Aesop's Fable message:

Back-up your pictures.  Print them out.  And if you're really on the ball, put them into albums.  I, on the other hand, will just shove them into my cedar chest until the kids move out. :)

No comments: