Wednesday, September 1, 2010

So, so mad about being kind

When I hear scuffling and/or shrieking from the other room, I tend to just call out calmly: "Let's be kind!"  That way, I'm not taking sides or telling them how to handle it, but it's a reminder to shift behavior.

Usually, it works strangely well.  For now, at least.

Today, I heard scuffling/shrieking between Andrew and Simone.

Me, calling out from the bedroom: "Let's be kind!"

Long silent pause from both, and then from Andrew: "O....kay."  More pause. And then muttering to himself: "I am so, so mad about being kind."

***

In other news, we watched this video of Andrew about 20 times this morning.  Maybe 30.  Andrew couldn't believe he was ever that tiny.  For that matter, neither can I.

2 comments:

Krista P said...

Oh man. . . . That is too funny!!! "I am so, so mad about being kind" . . . . Sometimes the right choice hurts Andrew :) :)

Sarahbeth said...

Haha...I agree! It's a good life lesson, eh?