Tuesday, September 7, 2010

"Then she no die"

Simone (2y, 1m): "Who grew me?"

Me: "I did, in my uterus. Inside my body."

"You grow Andrew?"

"Yep."

"You grow Jackie?"

"Yep. Jack too."

"Who grow you?"

"My mommy grew me."

"Oh."

She went back to eating her guacamole. 

Twenty minutes later, she came over to me and said: "Where is your mommy now?"  In her sweet little sing-songy voice.

I paused, not sure she'd even understand what I was saying.  "She's not alive now."

She just looked at me for a moment, then shocked me by saying: "She died?"  Clear as day.  I didn't know she knew what those things meant.

"Yes, she died."

"She all-done alive?"  She looked puzzled. 

"She is.  But we still love her soooo much."

"I know what.  I wear a Spiderman suit.  Then she no die."

3 comments:

Darcel @ The Mahogany Way said...

How sweet is that. Children are so amazing.

Sarahbeth said...

They really, really are, Darcel. They can turn any moment magical, without warning.

Sarah Aadland said...

That is an adorable solution to mortality!