Saturday, June 30, 2012

I'm pretty much the lamest trip-blogger ever.

So, I was *supposed* to be writing about travel and the cities I visited, and I will.  I promise.  I have scrawled notes on envelopes and business cards from hotels and fliers and everything.  I just have to type it in here.  I guess I'm too much in vacation mode to blog about vacation...which might be exactly how it's supposed to go. 

Yesterday was my birthday.  I'm probably supposed to be having epic thoughts about that, too.  But instead of writing, my typical brain-sorting activity, I've been taking long walks every day -- just me and my iPod.  I like that.  A lot.  I'm going to try to do more of that.  Many of the world's problems have been solved in my mind on those walks. :)

Maybe I'll figure out how to dictate blogposts while I walk.  

I do have swirling ideas on where to stay in Hershey, PA...how much we loved Sacramento...and a few other places along our last 5 weeks of travel. I also have a few thoughts about how much I freakin' love my 30s (or being 34, to be exact), and how much I like myself and my ideas much better than my 20s.  I'm figuring myself out.  What to keep...what to toss...what parts of societal norms suit me and which feel like I'm wearing someone else's shoes.

But the greatest parts of the trip  (the trip I'm not blogging about yet) are the people along the way.  Friends from high school...college...early mama days.  No matter what happens in my life, I will always-always-always be grateful for the people I have known.  And get to keep knowing...because for whatever reason, they still agree to hang out with me. 

There really aren't words for that part of the trip.   But I'll try to find some anyway.

More later.



No comments: